Here is my list of stupid things people say to the pregant:
1. when are you due?....oh you have a long ways to go.
2. you know it's really ten months don't you...
3. oh you're pregant...i could tell months ago i just thought you were getting fat.
4. three kids is too many...better you than me.
5. shouldn't you be drinking decaff?
i'm sure by january i will have more to add...feel free to add your own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Chrissy spilled the beans last week! Congratulations kiddo!! You two make such great parents, you new critter is a lucky little guy/girl.
I'd go with the standard, "I'm pregnant... what's your excuse?" or "you may think I'm fat now, but I drop baby weight extremely fast, people tend to hate me because of it." or "It's so great, since I've been pregnant the sex has been mind blowing!"
Or just wait till their pregnant/hit menopause before you/have a pain the butt kid that they can't handle another one, and make sly comments in your mind about their misfortune... I know, I'm very evil and vindictive. Do you want me to come and beat them up? I am so happy to see your blog again!
OK, just trying to keep up with my snarky daughter. How about this:
"Yes, the doctor said we are having a boy (girl), we're SO EXCITED!! And what are you having??"
"Yep, I have a tendency to get a little chunky when I am pregnant - but I sure when you and I have had our kids the weight will simply melt off!"
"It's been a couple of years since our last little one and I'm looking for some new clothing stores - where are you shopping for your outfits?"
You get the idea.
Actually, with your last little one, you looked more like you were trying to sneak a basketball down the court than having a baby. The photos I have of you at Addie's baptism give no indication you're pregnant until you see those taken from the side. You had to be the skinniest preggo I have ever seen (sorry Chrissy). Tell 'em to stuff it.
Oh, and "I think it's best for all those involved, especially you, since you're intent on making stupid comments, that I keep a certain level of caffine in me."
Post a Comment