Tuesday, January 27, 2009
no alice
so my husband has been off the past few days as we finish up the home stretch of january. i was trying to leave him a list of things that i do during the day so that he could get an appreciation for what it's like to stay at home with sofia and take care of the house and shopping and work part time. he has a very cavilier attitude about it like it's not that big a deal. what really gets me is when he says things like i would love to stay home and take care of sofia and not have to work. you know like the whole anything you can do i can do better. and he will be upset when he reads this and say that it's not true, but actions speak louder than words. he will never say wow, what you do is crazy difficult. i mean how is it that there are always clean clothes in my drawer, the house is picked up, food in the cabinets, cleaning supplies in the bathroom, dinner on the table after you just worked an 8.5 hour day, riley's homework is done while fending off sofia, how are there clean sheets on the bed every thursday even after you take sofia to music class, take titia to have her wiglet fluffed and then to shaws. i know this is my own pity party but it would just be nice to be recogized once in a while. for someone to look at what a wife does and say wow, that's nuts. but the only people that do that are the other wife's. the one's who do it too and are right with you in the trenches. i am afraid that after two and half days there will be no increased appreciation. i made the comment the other day that i wanted a wife. someone to cook and clean and oraganize everything and he told me that's not a wife that's a house cleaner. oye vey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
AMEN!!! I'm so glad to be working again to get away from the house because it seems easier! But I come home and then have to do all the cleaning. My husband says "Well I cook..." as if he does it and he expects it to be good enough and that I'm going to give him a cookie. What drives me nuts is that he uses every single dish to do it, leaves all the food out, never takes his dishes to the sink, spreads important tax documents, bills and mail in random places throughout the house, leaves things he needs for tomorrow all over so that when he needs to find them to walk out the door he's asking me where I put them, announced he didn't know how to opperate our new dryer (how long have we lived here?) after going downstairs to get a blanket I thought was in the dryer but was in the washer... no he didn't rotate the clothes... and takes clothes off within inches of the laundry shoot but doesn't put them down...
I DO appreciate what he does, but I hear you, and I would just like to ask ONCE for something to be done and not get some aurgument from him like he's a 10 year old!
Wow... guess I've got some pent up feelings here...
Post a Comment